DocuX Services help users create, collaborate, conclude, store, and control digital documents and transactions including executing documents by digital or electronic signature or placing such signature on any applications or documents. As a part of our Services, users want us to collect and record information that helps the parties prove the validity of the transactions.
This policy describes:
- The types of personal information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website https://www.docux.ai (“Website”) and/or access DocuX Services (as defined in the Terms of Service) thru our Website (collectively “Services”); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that personal information.
This policy applies to personal information and content we collect:
- Based on the use of the Services.
- In communications email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Services via web forms or chat.
- In communications submitted to the Services using web forms and the social media/comment features on the Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or apps operated by us or any third party. You should review the terms and policies of those websites or apps before clicking on any links; and
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
- You provide us with personal information about yourself while accessing or using our Services when you:
- Register for Account or log into your Account.
- Start, sign, or review an electronic document including for electronic signature.
- Create or edit your profile.
- Contact us via email, webform or any other mode in relation to Services.
- Comment on our blogs, forums etc. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your personal information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your personal information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Apply for job on our Website.
- You provide us with personal information about others while accessing or using our Services when you:
- Share an electronic document or information
- Participate on an electronic document
- Send or receive electronic document for electronic signature
- Chat or leave comments
- Add users to existing account
- Refer our Services to others
- You provide some or all of the following categories of personal information to us:
- Identifiers : name, email address, electronic signature, mailing address, phone number, profile picture or any other identifier by which you may be contracted online or offline
- From job candidates: professional or employment related information, including education, employment history.
- Commercial information like billing information, products or services purchased
- Your browsing sessions using the Services (internet activity information), including, but not limited to browsing history, search history, and information regarding user’s interaction with our Services
- Geolocation information (based on IP address)
- Any other information that you may provide to us during our communication with you via Services
- We collect following information automatically:
- Your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns, including all details of your visits to our Services
- IP address
- Geolocation information
- Search terms that you may have used in a search engine to access our Services
- History of your transactions on the Services including names and addresses of the parties to a transaction, personal information about those individuals or their devises data, IP address, email address and authentication methods
- The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This kind of personal information helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: Pages of the Services and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- We may collect personal information about you from others such as:
- Third-party sources such as marketers, partners, researchers, affiliates, service providers, vendors, and others where they are legally allowed to share your personal information with us. For example, if you register for our Services on another website, the website may provide your personal information to us.
- Other customers who may give your personal information to us. For example, if a customer shares the digital document with you or requests your electronic signature, he or she will give us your name and email address.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In general, we collect, use, store and process your personal information to provide Services, to improve them, to fix issues in them, to develop new Services, to offer our product and services to you. Specifically,
- Provide you with our Services as per your request and preference
- Provide you necessary records of our relationship and transactions like payment collection
- Offer existing or new features, product, events, campaigns, promotions using email or phone or send you communication about third party products and services that may be of interest to you including integrations we offer
- Record details of your transactions regarding digital documents and electronic signatures
- If you have submitted a job application, to consider you for applicable job openings
- Provide you support for Services including answering support questions and resolving disputes
- Prevent, investigate and respond to fraud, unauthorized access to or use of our Services, breaches of terms and policies, or other wrongful behavior
- Comply with our legal obligations including documents and information retention
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain personal information depends upon the purpose for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with the applicable laws.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We do not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws.
- We disclose or share your personal information only as follows:
- We share your personal information with other companies we use to support our Services. This includes services like search technology, customer support, analytics, authentication systems, and Services hosting. We have contracts with our service providers that ensures the safeguarding and proper use of your personal information.
- We may share your personal information with our marketing partners who are sponsors of events, webinars etc. for which you register, or other parties with whom we may engage in joint marketing activities.
- We may share your personal information during corporate transaction like merger, or sale of our assets, investment or as part of the due diligence for such contemplated transactions.
- We may share your personal information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent.
- Your personal information may also be shared as described below:
- When you allow others to access, use, or edit contents of your account, we share that content with them. For example, when you share a digital document with other users or when you request electronic signature of other users, we make the contents of the digital document available to them.
- When you comment on our blogs or in our community forum, this information may also be read, collected, and used by others.
- Your profile information may be viewed by other DocuX users with whom you collaborate.
- If you create an account with an email address assigned to you as an employee, contractor, or member of an organization, that organization (if it is a DocuX customer with certain subscription plan) can find your account and take certain actions that may affect your account.
YOUR CHOICESYou can take following actions to change or limit the collection or use of your personal information.
- You may not fill out all details in your profile or account except a few necessary ones. If you do, you can access, review, and make changes to such details and personal information in your account settings.
- You can opt out of marketing messages by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may send you one message to confirm you want to opt out. If you are registered user of our Services, we may continue to send transactional or relationship messages after you opt out of marketing messages.
- If you do not want us to see your device location, you can turn off location sharing on your device.
- You can close your account and request for deletion of the data.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- You may have certain rights related to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. If you wish to exercise these rights, please write to us at email@example.com. If you are a California, USA resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, click here.
- You can access, review, modify, correct your personal information by logging into your account.
- You can request the following information from us: how we collect or received and use your personal information and why, the category of personal information, recipients of your personal information, our business purpose for using your personal information and how long we use or store your personal information or manner in which we determine the retention period.
- In certain situations, you can ask that we delete / erase or stop using your personal information or export your personal information.
- Where we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to decline the consent and if provided, to withdraw consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
- You have a right to provide us with guidance on the use, storage, and deletion of your personal information after your death.
- You have a right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
- You have a right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in the applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe have implemented reasonable administrative (organizational), physical, and technical safeguards intended to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, and other processing. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although our security architecture is intended to protect the security of your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18Our Services is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Service or through any of its features, register on the Services, use any of the social media/comment features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the sale of their personal information and the right of removal of content or information posted by minors.
DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROCESSOR; DATA PROTECTION OFFICERWith regard to personal information, we may collect from you or that you may provide, we process that personal information as “personal data” as a “controller,” as such terms are defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). DocuX has a Data Protection Officer (as defined in the GDPR) who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com (Attn : Pankaj Minda)
For users located in the European Economic Area (EEA), all processing of Personal Data is performed in accordance with the GDPR.
For users located in Brazil, all processing of Personal Data is performed in accordance with LGPD.
For users located in Singapore, all processing of Personal Data is performed in accordance with PDPA.
All personal information collected by DocuX through the Services are stored exclusively in secure hosting facilities provided by Microsoft Azure. DocuX has a data processing agreement in place with its providers, ensuring compliance with the GDPR and all applicable regulations. All hosting is performed in accordance with industry-standard security controls. All transfers of data from the EEA are done in accordance with regulations.
Contact usFor questions or comments about this policy and our privacy practices, or to register a complaint or concern please Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.